Saturday, November 26, 2005

My Nose! My Nose!

We have ferrets, four of them. Gadget, the first and eldest, Penny (you figure out who they're named after!) Boris and Natasha. They spend most of their time in an enormous cage in a spare bedroom, but get play time each evening out in the living room. Night before last, I was down on the floor playing with the "kids" and Boris bit me. He's done this before, but never drawn blood.

I was playing with them with a squeeky toy (a shark) and Boris was getting very excited, as he often does. Lying on my side on the floor, my face was just inches from the floor and Boris suddenly lunged at me (he moves far faster than I) and sunk his canines into my proboscus. Ferrets can play very rough, and they bite on each other quit a lot; their skin, however, is like iron and is rarely penetrated.

Upon surveying the damage, I'll probably keep a small scar as a reminder to keep a bit of distance between an excited Boris and my nose. Ouch.

2 Comments:

Blogger bhd said...

You'd better start that ferret on the rabies vacs. Don't want him to be catching anything from you, fer chrissakes.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Cathy cracked me up so much, I can't possibly say anything here to top that...except hope it heals soon!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home