Sunday, August 06, 2006

Somebody said....

That I don't blog enough.

Well!

How effen presumptuous of them!

Are you people laboring under the illusion that I do this for you? Do you honestly suspect that I have an altruistic bone in my body?
Puleese! Now that I've cleared that up for you, here's today's gratuitous post...

Ever wonder about the other people in the world? I mean all those gazillions of people out there whom you'll never know anything about, let alone meet or share a latte' with. My little mind gets boggled when I think about six BILLION people - holy shit! All those people have lives, hopes, dreams, tragedies and relationships. They drink, smoke, eat, have bowel movements and occasionally puke their shoeheels up. They read, write consume, produce and waste, they burn and laugh and cry and wear hats and too much eyeliner. They play games, fall off ladders and smash their thumbs with hammers and curse and disgust each other. They pretty much do everything I do; well, maybe not the bit about eyeliner.

So many lives and each of us trying to retain some individuality, some oneness that means we are different from everyone else. How much of that is possible now? I dunno. As we muddle through our lives and experience what seems total to us in our short, narrow focus, we don't realize - in the moment, anyway - that there are probably a few million other people going through the very same thing at that very moment. Should we think of our individual experience as any less important because of this? Does the size of humanity somehow lessen the lives of each of us? Am I talking in circles?

3 Comments:

Blogger bhd said...

I know you write this for me. Bite me. Get over it.

A thousand million people might be conversing (YIM) with a distant friend right now, while sipping a martini and eating garlic cheese. Do I care about them? No. But I do care about your eyeliner use. Dude. Lighten up.

You are a freak of the Universe. You have no right to be here.

Also: You are precious. Never doubt it.

9:24 PM  
Blogger ptooey said...

Splunge.

8:12 AM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

Write when you want. I know that it's how I go about posting to my own blog.

As for the rest... well, I just consider myself lucky to occupy my own little space in the cosmos.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home