Sunday, February 19, 2006

in the rain

I watched as the man walked in the rain. Not a hard rain, but steady. He was wearing a stained leather jacket and no hat. His grey hair, matted and wet, seemed to glisten. As I watched, the man stopped, looked down. He stooped and moved as if to pick something up, though I saw nothing in the rain. He then continued his unhurried pace, around the corner and out of my view.

I crossed the street to the spot where the man had stooped down. Looking at the pavement, I saw only my reflection. The stairs to my apartment beckoned, and drew me to refuge.

3 Comments:

Blogger An Urban Femme said...

this is similar to my own past.

solemn.

11:13 AM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

A vignette of a story. I like it.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

nice image. Thanks dave. Rain keeps pouring down doesn't it.

:HUG:

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home