Friday, April 07, 2006

in a diner

The coffee was decent but the pie was cold. Neither of them was much interested in either anyway. Her coat lay piled next to her in the booth, her purse on top. Out the window, through the rain, the traffic rumbled on, indifferent.

His mindless gaze toward the street was broken by the lightest touch of a hand on his own. He looked at her and smiled. The look in her eyes said much and quickly gained his rapted attention.

Could you still love me? she asked in a voice so soft he almost didn't hear.

Without any effort at all....came the reply from deep within him.

Then hold me, hold me in your arms....and make me know it's true.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra said...

OMG! I love this, Dave.

Again--so much with so little.

9:48 AM  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

So... bittersweet.

8:17 PM  
Blogger S.A.M. Tanner said...

Dave,

The mood of this is exquisite!

But I would say that it's either too long or too short.

I cannot figure out which.

All The Best,

Stu

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home