Sunday, March 04, 2007

Newness

Via a trusted friend, I have met someone. Someone with whom I seem to be spending virtually all of my spare time. Someone who makes me smile - a lot. Someone who smiles a lot when she's conversing with me; and laughs and shares and actually enjoys my company.

Though this relationship hardly qualifies as "internet dating," the internets are, so far, our primary means of communication. This has it's good points and bad. It's good in that we can learn a lot about each other from a "safe" distance. Bad in that, at this point, we've learned enough to actually want to meet in "meatspace." She has invited me to visit, but there is some geography involved and it will be some weeks before this happens.

Her sincerity is refreshing, her interest in me genuine. This is new; and nice. I've had a couple of less than enjoyable experiences with insincerity, indifference and outright dishonesty of late, so this "relationship" is so far most welcome and appreciated. Now I just have to scrounge airfare.

6 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

fan frickin tastic, my friend!!

good for you! i knew something good would happen for you sooner than later.

4:46 PM  
Blogger bhd said...

Learn to cook and save a fortune. Quickly. I know you have a cookbook.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Triskele said...

what bhd said...mostly because you just need to learn to cook, for cry sakes!

the rest will work itself out, if it's meant to.

in the meantime, we have skype and YIM. and you're so CUTE when you BLUSH!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

intriguing and awesome! that is wonderful.

can't wait to watch this unfold.

HUGZ

1:30 PM  
Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

Good Luck with the internet relationship..
**hugs**

5:37 PM  
Blogger winter said...

Good for you, man!

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home